[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikipedia is considering going dark to protest SOPA and PIPA

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:21:54 UTC 2012

Relatedly, where is the updated, latest discussion on what Wikimedia's
response (if anything) is going to be?
Presumably there is are several on-wiki debates, but because there are
different potential "levels" of blackout (all project blackout, geo-located
blackout, single-project blackout, protest-banner but not a full blackout,
etc. etc.) where is the central/official discussion taking place to get
community consensus for any action?

FWIW, I'm in favour of some form of protest response, probably an
all-project blackout timed to coencide with the probable blackout of other
major sites. But, if that actually happened, would it be possible for the
community to still log in and use that day as a "housekeeping" day to clear
away lots of behind-the-scenes backlogs?

-Liam

Peace, love & metadata