[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2013 - Announcement of Jury and invitation to bid

James Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Thu Jan 12 20:05:57 UTC 2012

On 12 January 2012 20:03, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 January 2012 19:52, James Forrester <jdforrester at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To re-iterate my comment in November, I'm sure the whole Wikimedia
>> community would love to see as many good bids as possible. There are
>> already a few bids[2] on Meta, but if you or your local community are
>> thinking about putting one in, you need to get it started and in a
>> reasonable state by the end of 28 January 2012 at the very latest[3].
>
> Thank you for taking the initiative and getting things moving with
> this. What do you mean by "in a reasonable state" in the above? The
> page on meta only says you need to have created a page added your city
> to the list by then and doesn't suggest that the page needs to have
> any significant content by then.

It's general practice for Juries to make a very quick judgement about
a bid to see if it's one that has a serious prospect (sometimes they
are placed in jest). It's not previously been a high bar in any way.
However, that is of course for the Jury to decide and they may not
follow this practice.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester