[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2013 - Announcement of Jury and invitation to bid

James Forrester jdforrester at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:52:16 UTC 2012

Dear all,

As promised, for Wikimania 2013[0] I hereby announce the Jury[1] to
select the winning bid, and invite everyone to consider putting a
bid[2] together:

== Jury ==
* [[User:80686|Manuel Schneider]]
* [[User:Beria|Béria Lima]]
* [[User:Deror avi|Deror Avi]]
* [[User:Effeietsanders|Lodewijk Gelauff]]
* [[User:Ilario|Ilario Salvatore Valdelli]]
* [[User:Kiril Simeonovski|Kiril Simeonovski]]
* [[User:Peteforsyth|Pete Forsyth]]
* [[User:Philippe|Philippe Beaudette]]
* [[User:Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington|Anirudh Bhati]]
* [[User:Theo10011|Theo10011]]
* [[User:Thogo|Thomas Goldammer]]

There are a further two individuals who I have asked to confirm that
they are happy to serve on the Jury, and who I will add on-wiki if and
when they confirm.

As in previous Juries, any Wikimania Foundation Board members may act
as (non-voting) advisors to the Jury if they so choose. I know that
Bishakha Datta and Phoebe Ayers have agreed to take on this role, and
other Board members may join if they wish.

I will serve as a moderator (a neutral non-voting aide to the Jury),
along with another individual who will hopefully confirm that this is
OK with them later today.

Thank you for everyone who contacted me to nominate themselves,
others, or give suggestions; the suggestions were very helpful, and I
hope the resulting Jury will be a success.

== Invitation to bid ==

To re-iterate my comment in November, I'm sure the whole Wikimedia
community would love to see as many good bids as possible. There are
already a few bids[2] on Meta, but if you or your local community are
thinking about putting one in, you need to get it started and in a
reasonable state by the end of 28 January 2012 at the very latest[3].

Please also consider passing this message on (and translating it!) for
your wiki's community forum for those that don't read these mailing
lists.

Thank you, and good luck to all Bids.

[0] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2013
[1] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2013_jury