[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcement: Fabrice Florin joins Wikimedia

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:26:08 UTC 2012

Bod Notbod, 10/01/2012 21:57:
> If I say that this sounds like a hugely important role the rest of the
> office will fold their arms and  rightly harumph at me for the implied
> negation of their value, so I won't say that. But you can't keep up
> with Wikipedia news without being made constantly aware that gaining
> new editors is a serious business. I will be fascinated to see what
> you make of the ideas for volunteer recruitment we've had so far and
> any innovations you can come up with.
>
> Congratulations and welcome to the other recent new hires as well.
>
> It would be lovely if each of the new hires could guest post on the
> Foundation blog and/or write a page for Signpost once they've settled
> in and let us know what their average day is like and some insight
> into what they're working on. The staff is now getting to a size where
> even close followers of Wikimedia are liable to lose track. Some
> effort to keep the community feeling that they know all the staff
> would be much appreciated.

Personal perspectives are perhaps not very suitable for the "official
blog" (but may be), anyway engineering reports are being published
regularly since a while and they're a very good way to know what's going
on at least in the technology department, without having to read MiB of
text.
https://blog.wikimedia.org/c/technology/wmf-engineering-reports/
The other departments are more obscure. :-)

Nemo