[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcement: Fabrice Florin joins Wikimedia

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:57:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 00:29, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I’m really happy to announce that Fabrice Florin is joining the
> Wikimedia Foundation as Product Manager for New Editor Engagement.

[...]

> Please join me in giving him a big welcome to the Wikimedia movement. :-)

< holds up big WELCOME sign >

If I say that this sounds like a hugely important role the rest of the
office will fold their arms and  rightly harumph at me for the implied
negation of their value, so I won't say that. But you can't keep up
with Wikipedia news without being made constantly aware that gaining
new editors is a serious business. I will be fascinated to see what
you make of the ideas for volunteer recruitment we've had so far and
any innovations you can come up with.

Congratulations and welcome to the other recent new hires as well.

It would be lovely if each of the new hires could guest post on the
Foundation blog and/or write a page for Signpost once they've settled
in and let us know what their average day is like and some insight
into what they're working on. The staff is now getting to a size where
even close followers of Wikimedia are liable to lose track. Some
effort to keep the community feeling that they know all the staff
would be much appreciated.

en.User:Bodnotbod