[Foundation-l] Bosnia's Top Cultural Institutions Shutting Down

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:16:23 UTC 2012

On 7 January 2012 21:30, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> You realise that having raised it, you're the volunteer who gets to do
> the coordination and heavy lifting ;-)
>
> Are there any nearby local Wikimedia chapters/groups or similar groups
> (CC, librarians, etc) reading this who can help?

Wikimedia Serbia. I'm sure you see the problem. Wikimedia Macedonia
isn't much of an improvement. Beyond that there is Hungary but I
understand there may be some historic issues.

I guess that would leave us with Italy and there is a fair bit of
water in the way.

For most Wikipedians bosnia-herzegovina is a far away country of which
we know little and we need to be honest about that.

>> And read international news related to our long-term goals.
>

> This was the very first I'd heard of it, I glance at the news ... so
> thanks for alerting us :-)

It made it to the front page of the BBC news website.
--
geni