[Foundation-l] Spanish website blocking law implemented

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:27:12 UTC 2012

In France we we're that far [me showing a little space between my
fingers] to get a similar law in 2006 and 2009. The law passed but all
the "site blocking" things were removed following some lobbying (in
which WMFr did not take part but some of the members did on a personal
level).

All the plan for similar laws has been postponed due to the 2012
elections (presidential and parliement) but we know lobbyist are
pushing forward to get it back on track. They actualy tried to had it
through our online gambling law, but failed.

Christophe