[Foundation-l] the limits for fundraising. Was Blnk tag jokes are now obsolete.

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:25:39 UTC 2012

Re Tom's suggestion that we have an RFC on meta to discuss what we are and
aren't prepared to do when fundraising; We already have a discussion at
Meta
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Draft_Guiding_principles_with_regards_to_fundraising.
Funny thing is that debate has almost been the mirror of here with the
Foundation proposing things like "Fundraising in line with our mission and
values: Our fundraising activities should aim to raise a movement budget
using only methods that strengthen our mission and values and communicate
them to all of our users and the world" and even "All Wikimedia fundraising
activities should be truthful with prospective donors."

May I suggest that we revive that overly quiet discussion?

WSC