[Foundation-l] Blink tag jokes are now obsolete.

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 01:00:33 UTC 2012

On Jan 4, 2012 12:44 AM, "Theo10011" <de10011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com
>wrote:
> > The WMF's conclusions about what banners work best are based on
> > extensive testing. What are yours based on?
>

> My guts.
>
> BTW How have those tests worked out? You know the ones that went on for
> months before the fundraiser to replace Jimmy.

There were numerous non-Jimmy banners used during the fundraiser because
they were tested and proved to work well. The Jimmy banners were used
extensively too because they still perform very well in the tests,
particularly when improved using the lessons learnt from the other banners
that were tested.

In future, I suggest you pay more attention rather than asking such
ill-informed questions. I wasn't involved in the tests - everything I've
said in this email came from the reports the fundraising team published
before and during the fundraiser. If you had bothered to read them, you
wouldn't have had to ask. They are all on meta - I suggest you go and read
them.