[Foundation-l] Blink tag jokes are now obsolete.

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 3 21:57:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Domas Mituzas <midom.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> This year pictures at top left, blinking banners, etc - are becoming a norm.

This is simply untrue hyperbole. The fader was used in the same way as
last year, at the same time. (In fact, I think last year they used the
word "urgent", which I don't believe was used this year.)

So what's your slippery slope argument? That we've had photographs on
the left side of the banner this time? While at the same time, 1)
we've shortened the fundraiser, 2) we've disabled banners for logged
in users more quickly, 3) we've (for the first time) disabled banners
for donors once they made a donation, 4) we've reduced reliance on
Jimmy dramatically.

Yeah, sure sounds like a slippery slope to dancing monkeys to me.

--
Erik Möller