[Foundation-l] A fundraiser for editors

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 07:41:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would pitch it as a simple appeal to edit the Wikipedia article on
> your hometown (or home neighborhood if you're from a big city).
>
> In my experience, something like this has been attractive to a very
> broad spectrum of people, and gives them a nice "in" as a place to get
> started.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> (User:Pharos)

Big cities usually work a lot better than small towns or medium sized
cities, where inclusion of local places are often reverted due to lack
of assertions of notability.

English Wikipeidia user Chzz inspired an essay that I host, for new users
strictly looking to edit: <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan/Butterfly>

We use the essay to reference people trying to create or edit articles that
they have a conflict of interest with to get them started editing Wikipedia
as an encyclopedia instead of a motivate-driven platform.

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan