[Foundation-l] A fundraiser for editors

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Mon Jan 2 17:29:24 UTC 2012

I tend to agree. At times of Fundraising, public interest grows
noticeably. People have been asking me aobut the banners almost every
day for the last few weeks. (A few times they even asked me whether
they are going to see a personal appeal from Amir Aharoni soon.)

I don't think that i ever saw a focused "personal appeal + photo"
banner that asks people to edit instead of asking them for money. I
did sometime see graphical banners in Wikipedias in various languages
that invite people to edit or participate in writing contests.
Something like this is happening in the Tamil Wikipedia now (
http://ta.wikipedia.org/ ). I don't know how effective it is - it's
worth checking.