[Foundation-l] WikiNews...no NOT Wikinews

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:40:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Kevin Gorman <kgorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> His most recent comment on the video: " Just found out about WikiNews.org 5
> minutes ago. Whoops. "
>
> so.. looks like he did this as a mockup and literally didn't know that it
> was already a thing.

Yes, I contacted him and he said:

Hey Andrew!

It's just a student concept me and my partner came up with. We tried to
find a way to help Wikipedia collect donations, it was a brief for a
student competition. but we never heard about your project before- seems
like we're not the only ones who had that idea.
please accept our apologies, we really didnt know about your website. We
thought it would be a great idea to do something like this, but you guys
pulled off exactly what we wanted to do.