[Foundation-l] WikiNews...no NOT Wikinews

Jason Safoutin jason.safoutin at wikinewsie.org
Mon Feb 27 20:03:26 UTC 2012

This is interesting. Upon my daily sift through Google News for agencies
that might post Wikinews articles, I came across this (A video from
WikiNews...no not Wikinews):http://vimeo.com/35988111  It was posted on
another site a week ago:http://www.vhx.tv/644528  I don't know who made the video.
All I know is this poses a potential threat to our project. I don't know enough
about copyright laws in regards to the use of Wikipedia's project names
or the use of logos. Regardless, this is not good and quite frankly
kinda scared me a little. So I am sending this message through Foundation-1 in hopes that someone might be able to explain this. Wikinews Water Cooler discussion
on this:
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Water_cooler/miscellaneous#WikiNews_makes_a_video...

--
Jason Safoutin - Accredited Reporter.