[Foundation-l] Oral Citations Sourcing

Michael Peel michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk
Sat Feb 25 17:58:29 UTC 2012

On 25 Feb 2012, at 17:15, Castelo wrote:

> In my opinion, and i already pointed that in Meta discussion, Wikipedia is not the place for original content, but Wikinews can publish the interviews and the content can be uploaded to Commons so others volunteers can check the material.

Actually, Wikipedia sort of is the place for original content - when it comes to illustrations in articles. It's possible to envisage audio recordings being used in appropriate Wikipedia articles along the lines of 'listen to a fisherman from the coast of Shandong talk about his work', more in the current role of pictures/photographs rather than as references.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Mike