[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia considering declaring open-season on works from countries lacking US copyright relations

??? wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 19:41:43 UTC 2012

On 23/02/2012 19:14, Newyorkbrad wrote:
> Can we agree that if the creator of a (reasonably recent) work from
> one of these countries were ACTUALLY to request that the file be
> deleted due to a copyright issue, we would grant the request rather
> than rely on an omission or incompatibility in the copyright treaty
> regime?

Any one want to explain what the implications of this are in respect to
any Iranian work that is published on the internet?

http://www.copyhype.com/2011/09/does-posting-on-the-internet-trigger-us-copyright-registration-requirement/

In particular, just how much copyright would the work be invested in?
Just how wilful would a decision to treat such works as PD be? And would
the liabilities be in the Tennenbaum region?