[Foundation-l] The 'Undue Weight' of Truth on Wikipedia (from the Chronicle) + some citation discussions

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Wed Feb 22 14:38:18 UTC 2012

> This idea of "published" can (and is) relaxed though. Indeed it is my
> perception that in many topic areas we rely far too heavily on online
> sources - there can be a distinct prejudice against offline source
> material.

> Tom

Journals pose a particular problem as they are often, as in the case of
the three journal articles in this case, behind pay walls. Those are peer
reviewed, while his book by a commercial publisher has not received
academic reviews.

Someone did send me a copy of one of the academic journal articles. But I
have yet to see the other two which cost quite a bit.

Fred