[Foundation-l] Fwd: Right to be Forgotten

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Sun Feb 19 22:07:56 UTC 2012

On 19/02/2012 4:25 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> With a bot (or AWB) going through the What Links Here list for your
> user page. People have done that before (although maybe not if they
> had ten thousand comments to change).

Yes, and on enwp at least the one time I remember this having been
attempted on a large scale caused so much disruption and strife that it
resulted in bans, departures and ArbCom-level disputes over more than a
year.  In other words: it can't be done systematically without causing a
revolution.

-- Coren / Marc