[Foundation-l] Movement roles letter, Feb 2012

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sat Feb 18 09:26:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:07:15 +0100, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wouldn't comment Jan-Bart's wish, but I have comparable position
> toward usage of particular words: If email in my inbox begins with
> "Dear Milos" (especially in Serbian) by a person not so close to me, I
> would treat it as over-formal tone. (One of my friends sends such
> emails to trash automatically.) I would automatically have negative
> attitude toward that person. There are a couple of other wrong
> beginnings of email if someone wants my [positive] attention. "Dear
> Sir" (literally in Serbian "Respected Mister") is worse than "Dear
> Milos", for example.

Now I am pretty sure I must have written "Dear Milos" on several
occasions, since this is what I normally would write. I hope it was fine.
Or may be these mails have gone to trash.

I personally have my name misspelt so often that I do not care anymore. If
people insist on misspelling it I try to remind tactfully.

Cheers
Yaroslav