[Foundation-l] Polish Wikimania scholarship program

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:29:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

Wikimedia Polska (Poland) has just launched its own scholarships
programme for Wikimedians willing to attend Wikimania 2012 in
Washington, D.C. This year, apart from up to 10 scholarships for
Wikimedians from Poland, we are also going to grant up to 6
scholarships for Wikimedians from other countries. Only countries
which have lower national income per capita than Poland (according to
World Bank 2010 stats) are eligible. We are particularly willing to
reach out to the Wikimedians from the former USSR countries (except
Estonia, which doesn't meet the income criteria) and from the Balkans
(except Greece and Slovenia, for the same reason). The scholarship
covers travel and accommodation expenses, as well as conference fee.

More details are available here: http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2012/en

The closing date for applications is March 9.

Regards,

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/