[Foundation-l] My public aplogies to Jan-Bart (was Movement roles letter, Feb 2012)

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:10:12 UTC 2012

Jan-Bart,

I am sorry. I didn’t know this is your name and present you publicly my
more sincere apologies for misstyping it.

I personally know the sensitivity about this kind of issues. My name in
Catalan sounds completely different with accent than without. “Gomà” is a
quite extended and ancient Catalan surname while “goma” in Catalan means
rubber. I had to get used with this many years ago because in Spanish they
don’t have accents for capital letters that’s how many official documents
are written and more recently because in many computer keywords there is no
way to write "à".

I assure you that this mistake has been because I didn’t know and that this
won’t happen never again.