[Foundation-l] Movement roles letter, Feb 2012

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 08:41:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Mathias Damour
<mathias.damour at laposte.net> wrote:
> Why would both "Associations" and "Affiliates" both need to use Wikimedia
> marks ?

Because they might feel a need to identify themselves as part of
Wikimedia. Yes, there is much talk about use of Wikimedia trademarks
here, but I think that that is because it is the major, if not only,
legal consequence of association or affiliance. If an organization has
no need for Wikimedia marks, the necessity of it being an associate or
affiliate would be much less.

> Does OpenStreetMap need it if it gets some grants from the WMF ?

What makes you think they do?

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com