[Foundation-l] Fwd: Right to be Forgotten

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:13:06 UTC 2012

Risker, 11/02/2012 18:45:
> The greatest challenge with the entire notion of vanishing is that it is
> intended to be permanent. That is, the person who wants to vanish should
> not return in the future, under any guise. [...]

I don't think it's useful to discuss this. It's certainly not to the
point; remembering some German cases might help to understand what could
be the problem, for articles.
This has been discussed some weeks ago on WikiIT-l and we didn't reach
any conclusion about the dangers posed by the proposed legislation, also
because as usual journalists are not able to say anythin useful.
The linked article looks very old as well; there's some material here:
<http://ec.europa.eu/justice/newsroom/data-protection/news/120125_en.htm>

Nemo