[Foundation-l] Fundraising Letter Feb 2012

cyrano cyrano.fawkes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:15:28 UTC 2012

Le 09/02/2012 17:01, Emmanuel Engelhart a écrit :
> On 02/09/2012 09:11 AM, Ting Chen wrote:
>
>> * The board is sharpening the criteria for payment processing.
Payment processing is not a natural path to growth for a chapter; and
payment processing will likely be an exception -- most chapters will not
do so.

> Without any financial autonomy (that means the ability to raise and
invest funds), a chapter can only beg for money. I do not share your
vision of the chapter's future - neither for the "old" nor for the
"young" ones.

That reminds me of a Selennites[1] poem :
« With the raise of donations rise the questions ».
Who does it belong to? Whose share is it? Mine! Mine!

Same old story. There ain't such a thing as free money. You have to love
it more than any cause. You have to pay with disputes and parasites.
Money comes with dirty rules and characters.