[Foundation-l] New project: WikiMake - library of free 3D models?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:55:49 UTC 2012

Hoi,
When you consider a new project, it is important to consider how it will
fit in. Just being able to have 3d images makes sense when people can view
them. Making them only available does not strike me as that interesting.
Working on such models is probably more interesting. The question then
becomes how is this to be achieved.

Effectively there have been new projects since Wikispecies. In my
appreciation, GLAM is very much a WMF project that is very much run by its
own community and sponsored by chapters. Having 3d models in Commons is not
a problem in and of itself. The question to me is what will it deliver,
what will its community be like and how will this be related maybe
integrated in all our projects.
Thanks,
      Gerard