[Foundation-l] "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" English Wikipedia's featured article today

HaeB haebwiki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:39:17 UTC 2012

2012/2/7 Svip <svippy at gmail.com>:
> On 7 February 2012 04:49, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page#Bad_choice_of_featured_article
>> is pretty good reading.
>
> The complaints usually sums as 'hey, great work on that article,
> unfortunately, I am a bit uncomfortable with subject at hand, so let's
> best not celebrate your contributions'.

Actually, the English Wikipedia's Featured Article Director has stated
himself that some articles will not be featured on the main page
(although he prefers to keep that list short and it currently consists
only of the article "Jenna Jameson"):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Raul654/archive25#Wikipedia:NOTCENSORED_and_the_Main_Page