[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Feb 3 23:56:29 UTC 2012

Béria Lima wrote:
> On 1 February 2012 21:56, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>> Béria Lima wrote:
>>> Risker, there are SEVERAL documents in meta with the guidelines used to
>>> elect the Chapter seats. Say that "nobody knows" is a bit offensive.
>>
>> SEVERAL pages on Meta-Wiki? It's a wonder they haven't been memorized by
>> all members of the Wikimedia community.
>>
>> It's fair to say that there are resources available regarding chapter seats
>> on Meta-Wiki (and provide links!); it isn't really fair to suggest that
>> anyone be familiar with the tangled mess that is Meta-Wiki. I've been
>> editing there for quite some time and I still regularly discover pages and
>> processes (or get frustrated with not being able to find them and create my
>> own).
>>
>> I've always found the chapter seats poorly explained and often
>> misunderstood. If there are resources on Meta-Wiki (or even
>> wikimediafoundation.org) that can clarify some of this to me and others,
>> I'd certainly appreciate links. :-)
>
> See 1st message in this thread MZ.

You're referring to these links (repeating links isn't a terrible thing to
do, particularly in longer threads):

* https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapter-selected_Board_seats
* https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapter-selected_Board_seats/2012/Nominate

Sorry, I was a bit unclear, but neither of these were really what I was
looking for. I think both of those pages are messy, very internal, and
difficult to understand.

I started improving <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees>
to be what I was looking for. :-)

MZMcBride