[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:36:05 UTC 2012

On 3 February 2012 12:57, Florence Devouard <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I do not know if Phoebe would have been community elected or not. She did
> not try. I can only guess that if she were not chosen this year by chapters,
> she could very well be community elected in the future because she is
> obviously very involved and doing good stuff. Excellent secretary as well.

It would be bizarre for the chapters to select any incumbent board
member - these are the people who voted unanimously twice for the
image filter, the second time in the face of the first time nearly
causing a project fork. WM-DE in fact passed a resolution against an
image filter. The chapters would be negligent in their duty if they
were to ignore candidates' positions on such movement-splitting
issues.

- d.