[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:33:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Stuart West <stuwest at gmail.com> wrote:

> The hope was to attract/identify Board candidates who could add a lot
> of value to the movement but who, for one reason or another, would
> NOT typically be candidates in election.  That might be because they
> aren't well-known in the editing community that decides elections.  Or
> as Thomas mentions that they wouldn't be interested in going through
> the sometimes grueling election process.

There is a very noted cognitive dissonance here. I don't see how it
would be more grueling to be "frankly and freely" discussed in
private, than being so discussed in public. If that was what was
genuinely happening. In practise what appeared to be the thing that
needed to be shielded from the public gaze was the process, not the
candidates or any speech about them. I am sorry, but I have call them
as I see them.