[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Wed Feb 1 23:56:43 UTC 2012

Béria Lima wrote:
> Risker, there are SEVERAL documents in meta with the guidelines used to
> elect the Chapter seats. Say that "nobody knows" is a bit offensive.

SEVERAL pages on Meta-Wiki? It's a wonder they haven't been memorized by all
members of the Wikimedia community.

It's fair to say that there are resources available regarding chapter seats
on Meta-Wiki (and provide links!); it isn't really fair to suggest that
anyone be familiar with the tangled mess that is Meta-Wiki. I've been
editing there for quite some time and I still regularly discover pages and
processes (or get frustrated with not being able to find them and create my
own).

I've always found the chapter seats poorly explained and often
misunderstood. If there are resources on Meta-Wiki (or even
wikimediafoundation.org) that can clarify some of this to me and others, I'd
certainly appreciate links. :-)

MZMcBride