[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

Béria Lima berialima at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:33:21 UTC 2012

that is a bit OT but...

*It is difficult to get involved in chapters when, like me, you live in
> Africa, and the only approved chapter for the entire continent is 8,000
> kilometres away.*

Create one in your country! :D That is basicaly what we are doing in
IberoCoop - help groups from all over Latin World with guidance and help.
And IF they want to became a chapter, we help them (talk with ChapCom
members, each month we have a new request from a Latin Chapter ;) )

I know isn't easy in Africa, but isn't easy either in Latin America, and we
are doing it.
_____
*Béria Lima*
<http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484

*Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*