[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 95, Issue 3

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:55:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Marco Chiesa <chiesa.marco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please read
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws#ARTICLE_IV_-_THE_BOARD_OF_TRUSTEES
> section 3D
>
> "Chapter-selected Trustees. Two Trustees will be selected by chapters
> in even-numbered years according to a procedure approved by a majority
> of the chapters and approved by the Board. Amendments to this
> procedure also must be approved by a majority of the chapters and
> approved by the Board. "

This is the second time on a thread on this subject today that someone has
responded with a link to the bylaws. "This is the way things are" is not an
effective response to "here's how I think things should be." And now that
we've had the link posted several times, it would be nice if no one else
felt the urge to point out the obvious.