[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 95, Issue 3

Joan Goma jrgoma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:17:17 UTC 2012

This procedure is unfair for some candidates and is sowing suspiciousness
against chapters.

Last elections I nominated a candidate and also sent questions to be passed
to all candidates.

The situation was absolutely crazy. Some candidates had access to chapters
wiki and could have feedback from the answers of other candidates while
others like the one I nominated didn't. One candidate, Phoebe, published
her answers which honors her and the others not. When the election process
finished nobody told the candidates without access to internal wiki the
results. Still today nobody has told anything to them.  And ofcourse I
don't know the answers to my questions.

Chapters elected board members means that the chapters are who have to
appoint them but doesn't mean that this doesn't affect and is of interest
of the entire community.

Chapters would do a favor to themselves if they publish the candidatures,
and keep questions to candidates and discussion publicly. Otherwise this is
only creating division and suspiciousness among chapters and communities
and among communities with chapters and communities without chapters.

If someone want to have private conversations everybody has freedom of
speach to talk to everybody trough private means. But WMF means belong to a
common, free and open project and must not be transformed in a privative
asset.

I think that we must try to keep everything free and open by default. Only
kept private when there are very strong reasons like legal requirements and
this is not the case. It is ridiculous that we have gone to strike against
SOPA and we are accepting to transform in privative the informations about
a process that affects all the movement.