[Wikimedia-l] compromise?

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 22:11:57 UTC 2012

> I'm not quite sure what you mean by multivariate analysis

I mean as in the tests done May 16, September 20, and October 9
reported at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2012/We_Need_A_Breakthrough
without adjusting the best performing pull-down delivery combined
banner/landing page from the beginning of this month (although I don't
think we will need the one that follows vertical scrolling. It may
produce 30% but that will be nothing if the remaining ~300 appeal
messages are tested, unless they don't fit the lognormal distribution
that they appear to.)

> That would be complex, and could be a disaster...

What are the possible failure modes?