[Wikimedia-l] fundraising status?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 19:08:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM, James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Zack Exley <zexley at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>

> > "Maximizing" for us means raising our budget
> > with as little negative impact on the projects as possible
>
> Where do you find that meaning or any suggestion of it in the
> unanimous resolution of the board of 9 October 2010?
>

> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Wikimedia_fundraising_principles

That is in fact what was meant (evident on the discussion page on Meta):
the foundation should aim to maximize fundraising efficiency; or support
raised per unit of fundraising activity.

Maximizing the activity itself - fundraising 24/7/365.2524 - would reduce
the usefulness of the projects.

SJ

[1]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Draft_Guiding_principles_with_regards_to_fundraising