[Wikimedia-l] deliberately lowered fundraising growth rate (was: Fundraising updates?)

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 01:42:06 UTC 2012

> I forgot that you are not able to edit Meta.

Because I was accused of violating the "research policy" by a staff
member who admitted some months later that there was no research
policy.

> I will migrate the relevant
> parts of the discussion here to the wiki, since a wiki is a useful place to
> break down ideas and refactor solutions; but please feel free to continue
> posting thoughts to the list.

I appreciate that very much.  At this point, I'm far more likely to be
taken seriously when I use a pseudonym. Such was the case during the
last Board elections, when my recommendations under my name were met
with sarcasm and derision, but my questions proposed under a pseudonym
were accepted and answered by nearly all the candidates in great
detail.