[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Alpha version of the VisualEditor now available on the English Wikipedia

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 12 06:07:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM, James Forrester
<jforrester at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> TL;DR: Today we are launching an alpha, opt-in version of the
> VisualEditor[0] to the English Wikipedia. This will let editors create
> and modify real articles visually, using a new system where the
> articles they edit will look the same as when you read them, and their
> changes show up as they type enter them — like writing a document in a
> word processor. Please let us know what you think[1].

Congrats, team! :-D Being able to edit the Real Thing is indeed a huge
deal -- even if it's still the very very very (very) first release to
do so. A long road ahead, but maybe some sleep is in order. ;-)

The future just got a little more real.

Erik
--
Erik Möller