[Wikimedia-l] WMF narrowing focus (was Re: Wikimedia-l Digest, Vol 105, Issue 1)

ENWP Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:07:57 UTC 2012

Thanks Sue.

I am cautious when there are specific cuts such as Fellowships in exchange for indeterminate benefits. That makes a cost-benefit analysis difficult to do. Maybe this is a good tradeoff, but from the information that's publicly available, I'm still particularly concerned about the loss of the Fellowships. Could those be funded by increasing the amount of the fundraising goal?

Some of the other possible tradeoffs and outsourcing do make sense to me. The loss of the fellowships is my main concern.

Looking at the bright side, I would be very glad if one of the benefits from narrowing focus is that the progress of the Visual Editor is hastened.

Thanks,

Pine