[Wikimedia-l] Banners are too bright, too long

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 3 08:08:16 UTC 2012

We've been getting a ton of positive response to the banners this year. I
was at Newsfoo this weekend and a half-dozen people told me they donated
this year for the first time, because they liked the banners' factual tone.
I asked them if they found them ugly and they said yes, but that they
didn't mind or care. I've gotten the same kind of comments from other
channels as well: e-mails and Facebook and so on.

The campaign this year is hugely effective. The banners are smaller and the
campaign will be significantly shorter than in previous years, and yet we
will raise more money: that's excellent.

Thanks,
Sue