[Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Hungary

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:49:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to give you a short update on Wikimedia Hungary.
Yesterday we held an AGM followed by an open wikimeetup in Budapest.

At the AGM a new board was elected:
* Péter Gervai, (User:grin), president (reelected)
* Mrs. Tamás Harza (User:Replicarter), vicepresident-treasurer (reelected)
* Balázs Viczián (User:Vince), executive vice president ("promoted")
* Dávid Rózsa (User:Vungadu), board member (newly elected, possibly taking
on the additional role of spokesman)
* Máté Forgács (User:Matteo55), board member (newly elected)

We also approved the 2013 programme plan[1] in its current form that had
been recommended for funding by the FDC. In addition the AGM approved a
further 250 000 HUF to be spent on creating an award to honour those who
have furthered the movement in Hungary.
The important elements of the plan are that we will try to continue our
successful programmes, build our capacity by opening an office with a
full-time employee and celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hungarian
Wikipedia.

At the meetup that traditionally follows our AGMs, we gave out the prizes
of our successful literature themed contest (with 47 participants, 25% of
whom were new editors, and 127 new articles created) and celebrated the 4th
birthday of Wikimedia Hungary with a cake.

Best regards,
Bence Damokos
Former VP
Wikimedia Hungary