[Wikimedia-l] Dozens of Wikipedias still not using the "new" logo

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Mon Aug 13 02:18:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been more than two years since the new Wikipedia logo has been
> produced, but dozens of wikis are still using the old one (sometimes not
> even a localised version at all), see
> <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia/2.0> for the missing pieces.
> Without Cary and Casey, moreover, nobody is actually available to produce
> the logos even when users show up with translations and fonts to be used.
> When will someone reach out to the missing wikis and offer help to create
> the new logo and deploy it?

For whoever takes this up: I made a big table with all of the existing
logo translations and some that I asked people for:
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Cbrown1023/Logos>. This is a
large amount of the work. What remains is creating logos that haven't
been created yet and installing it in new wikis (changing $wgLogo).
Then we need to figure out what's still missing and see about reaching
out to get more translations.

Once that's all done, someone needs to verify that the logos that
people created and updated actually meet the visual identity
guidelines. A lot of them are too big or too small or
disproportionate.

--
Casey Brown (Cbrown1023)
caseybrown.org