[Wikimedia-l] Outage: what I'm telling the press

Mark delirium at hackish.org
Mon Aug 6 21:42:36 UTC 2012

On 8/6/12 6:50 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> The BBC article is ... well, I have said some of the words in those
> quotes during my life. The headline is accurate ...

I sort of like the idea that the BBC might be maintaining a database of
Genuine David Gerard quotes that are randomly retrieved and attached
together (with gaffer tape?) as needed, whenever a Wikipedia-related
story comes up.

Do they know about your Slashdot account? It'd be a gold-mine of Genuine
Quotes from a Wikimedia UK Spokesperson!

-Mark