[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: WMF Policy and Political Affiliations Guideline

Mark delirium at hackish.org
Thu Aug 2 09:33:16 UTC 2012

On 8/2/12 7:51 AM, Samuel Klein wrote:
> And I would love to see
> the foundation practice delegating some of this bureaucracy and
> responsibility to non-staff groups.  We have no shortage of energy, talent,
> and experience there in the community.

In addition, there's a fairly well-organized set of advocacy groups in
related areas (Creative Commons, FSF, EFF), who perhaps some of the work
could be delegated to? There would still be a need for a process to
decide when Wikimedia should do things such as agreeing to sign on to an
EFF amicus brief. But imo it makes sense to leave most of the legwork to
advocacy organizations who focus on it.

-Mark