[Wikimedia-l] Call for volunteers for the Translation Committee

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:02:09 UTC 2012

[this was also posted to translators-l last week, but we want to spread the
word even further]

Hi all,

The translation committee on Meta has been dormant for some time
(individual members have been active, but the committee as such has not
been active), but it is time to revive it to ensure that the translation
process on Meta is viable. As several members of the committee are
currently busy with other things, and because it would be nice to have
several more members  in the committee so that it will function well even
when some members are inactive.

Therefore, this is a call for volunteers to serve on the committee. If you
have any experience with handling translations on Meta, Translatewiki or
anywhere else you are welcome to join. In fact, you don't need much more
experience than with translating stuff – the new system and tools we have
available on Meta make the process of managing translation much easier than
it has been in the past (and if you don't know how to do that yet, we will
show you how).

A further explanation of what the committee work consists of and its areas
of work can be found on the new draft page for the
committee<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications_subcommittees/Trans/Revamp>.
We would like to have many new members on the committee, so that the work
load for each member is not too overwhelming.

If you are interested in becoming a part of this committee, please send us
an e-mail on the transcom list (transcom at lists.wikimedia.org).

--
mvh
Jon Harald Søby <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by>