[Wikimedia-l] Editor retention implies social features

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 30 14:19:01 UTC 2012

Kozuch,

Others have responded to many of your other points.  I just wanted to
help with two things:

On 04/25/2012 02:49 PM, Jan Kučera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, there surely were comments from developers... that is positive.
> But the result as general is still nothing at all (the feature is not
> even nearing deployment).

The reason that feature is not moving towards deployment is because of
the issues that the other developers explained in their Bugzilla
comments.  Can you help by asking Robert Horlings & Gérard de Smaele to
respond to those comments?  I have tried to contact them but haven't
heard any response.

> I am not a dev and thus can not contribute any code.
>
> Kozuch

We welcome the contributions of non-developers to the software
development process!  For example, you can:

* help test the software and file bug reports (example:
http://www.mkltesthead.com/2012/04/weekend-testing-on-march-5th-something.html
)
* help document the current state of engineering activity so everyone's
more aware of what's happening:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/Project_documentation_howto
* join the wikitech-ambassadors list to help communicate between your
wiki communities and WMF about upcoming and desired changes:

And I see you're already on the Bug Squad to help monitor new incoming
bug reports and check whether old ones are still valid:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:WikiProject_Bug_Squad Thank you!

Thanks.

--
Sumana Harihareswara