[Wikimedia-l] "Contribute" box on wikimediafoundation.org

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Mon Apr 30 02:53:07 UTC 2012

Hi.

A few months ago I created "Template:Contribute" at
wikimediafoundation.org.[1] It displays above the edit window whenever a
logged out user presses the "Contribute" (previously "Edit") tab.

There were some concerns that this message was still too obscure, so I've
now implemented a "namespace notice" via a MediaWiki gadget. When viewing
any page in the Talk namespace, you'll now see the contents of
"Template:Contribute" below the page title. The relevant code can be found
here.[2]

MZMcBride

[1] https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:Contribute
[2] https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-NamespaceNotice.js