[Wikimedia-l] Watchlist email notifications enabled on all wikis

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:44:57 UTC 2012

Thanks to the tech team and everyone else who helped this feature
become enabled.

I also hope we can have this featured enabled by default for old and
new users soon, even on the big wikis.  Doing that will bring many
experienced editors back to the wiki.

As someone with tens of thousands of pages on my watchlists, I think
it would be reasonable to disable this feature on enwp for people with
more than 5,000 content pages on their watchlist, as the content pages
change often on enwp.  However that approach shouldnt be applied to
all wikis indescriminately; e.g. wikisource content pages rarely
change after the initial burst of editing.

--
John Vandenberg