[Wikimedia-l] [Wikipedia-l] Fwd: Harvard Library releases 12M bibliographic records under CC0

Lydia Pintscher lydia.pintscher at wikimedia.de
Thu Apr 26 10:03:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Lydia Pintscher
> <lydia.pintscher at wikimedia.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it's perfectly OK with Wikidata, and it would be with
>>> Wikisource (if we had a metadata management system :-).
>>> As far as I understood, Wikidata will engage sister projects data in
>>> 2015 (i'm gonna cry).
>>
>> This isn't clear yet. It's unlikely to happen before the end of the
>> initial development in a year. We still have to see what happens after
>> that. It might happen before 2015 or not.
>
> Andrea will run out of tears by 2015. ;-(

Heh we don't want that to happen obviously.
I have to clarify my previous statement. The team doing the initial
development will mainly be focusing on getting this up and running for
the Wikipedias. (We will obviously keep sister-projects and projects
outside Wikimedia in mind while doing that.) However if people want to
help and work towards bringing Wikidata also to the sister-projects
then that would be welcome from our side. And of course they will be
able to use Wikidata like any other 3rd party as soon as that is
possible.

> Could we have one sister-projects IRC session in the near future?

Questions regarding sister-projects and how they can fit into the
whole Wikidata picture are obviously very welcome at the next office
hours on Monday (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Events). If
there is more demand for it we can also do office hours specifically
for that of course.

Cheers
Lydia

Community Communications for Wikidata