[Wikimedia-l] ombudsmen commission

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 22:02:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
>..
>
> It really amazes me how much we distrust the people who have been
> doing a great work (otrs admins, ombudsmen, etc).
>
> And all upon contrived hypothetical scenarios.  "And how about one of
> the root-access devs is secretly working for the goverment of... is
> anyone working on a solution for this?"

Good governance is not built on blind trust.

It is important to be able to periodically check that there hasnt been abuse.

The OTRS admins are doing great work, and enwp oversight and arbcom
have moved under OTRS despite the lack of an audit trail, but I will
continue to ask for one because I believe it is important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust,_but_verify

--
John Vandenberg