[Wikimedia-l] ombudsmen commission

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:03:56 UTC 2012

On 24 April 2012 01:00, Casey Brown <lists at caseybrown.org> wrote:

> Queues are normally setup so that the OTRS admins can see all tickets.
> This makes things easier when checking for errors, making sure there
> are no backlogs, cleaning up cross-queue spam, etc. However, there are
> definitely some private queues -- like the oversight and Wikimedia
> registration/scholarship queues -- that OTRS admins cannot see unless
> they give themselves access to it, which they wouldn't do unless they
> needed to for some reason.
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023

Oh of course, what I intended in my previous email was to highlight the
fact that OTRS admins *technically *have the ability to view private emails
that may even be discussing actions that they themselves have done in their
capacities as oversighters or checkusers. I completely trust the integrity
of the OTRS admins (yes I even trust you ;-) ) to not do anything they
shouldn't do, but I see the importance in giving advance warning about who
could *potentially *view emails if an OTRS queue for the
Ombudsman commission was created.
--
Thehelpfulone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone